As i didn't knew what exactly bootstraping meant, i installed quemu
and installed debian there (that took a looong time :))
I fixed grub defaults to add clocksource=tsc console=ttyS0,115200 noapic
instead of default "quiet", updated grub.
Then i converted the qemu disk image to raw using qemu-img and used
that as the disk in vmd. Success!!!

Thanks for your help !!!
Will contact debian about including virtio drivers.

Regards, Ales