Kevin Chadwick <m8il1i...@gmail.com> writes:

> Windows updates do still take way too long though and perhaps they are
> gathering usage information, not that I care much. I hear they are
> working on the speed in insider previews.

Windows 10 has a lot of telemetry and data collection that sends
information back to Microsoft. It can be disabled. This is easier with
Enterprise Edition. You might consider the LTSB branch if you are under
a volume license agreement. Those releases do not include Windows Store,
Cortana, or most of the pre-installed applications. They get security
updates, but no new features.

Allan