On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 11:01:13PM -0600, Austin Hook wrote:
> Have run my own mail server for maybe 20 years of OpenBSD, and apart from
> getting my ISP to give me a static IP and a correct reverse DNS entry, and
> a couple of run ins with a few filters that dumb ISPs run, it's worked
> fine all this time.  I have a personal archive of emails that goes back 20
> years as well, and a few search scripts to parse through it when I need
> to.

Hi,

So you seem to be a proponent of this.  I too had a mail server 20 years ago
and would have kept this stance had I not switched countries some while back,
which introduced me to use some other mail service for a while.

I think it comes down to choice.  You have the "do it yourself" option and
the "let others do it for you" option.  Isn't choice great?

Regards,
-peter