On 2/7/06, Sven Wolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> z0mbix wrote:
>
> >On 2/2/06, Kenny Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >>I'm looking for something that which I can slap OpenBSD 3.8 on and use
> >>it as a router.
> >>This will be used for a house (~ 4 people) and I'm looking for something
> >>small in form factor and that which doesn't run hot because it will run
> >>in a closet.
> >>I'm seeking to replace our D-Link router because it seems to lock up on
> >>an occasion and this seem like a fun little project to do.
> >>I'd also like it to have wireless capabilities as well.
> >>Anyone know where I can start looking or can point in a direction to
> >>start?
> >>Or are my hopes too high and I should just get a PC and make it happen
> >>that route (pun not intended)?
> >>
> >>Kenny Mann
> >>

> >Don't forget the wrap:
> >
> >http://www.pcengines.ch/wrap.htm
> >
> >They're slightly cheaper than the soekris. I use one with 3.8 and it runs
> as
> >a cable router/firewall and runs ipsec between home and work.
> >

> Hi z0mbix,
>
> how did you install OpenBSD on a wrap? Like:
> http://wiki.bsdforen.de/index.php/OpenBSD_-_WRAP and the links on the
> bottom (websites of Jonathan Weiss & Thomas Kaschwig)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sven

Yes, I just followed information from the websites of Jonathan Weiss &
Thomas Kaschwig. I didn't have any success with pxebooting, but I gather
someone has got that working now with a later bios version. Search the
archives if you want to find out more about this. I couldn't be happier with
my OpenBSD wrap setup.