On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 05:12:33PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 04:53:40PM +0200, def...@posteo.de wrote:
>> I try to make new driver for AR5424* WiFi Module (ath0) becouse of a lot
>> of issues on my Fujitsu Esprimo Mobile U9210 Laptop. (Just not working
>> out of the box)

I have two U9210's and would love to see support for the AR5424.
However, you might be better off by simply replacing the card. On one of
my two U9210's I replaced it with a working AR9281/athn(4) 802.11n.
Accessing the card is quite easy and requires only unscrewing two or
four screws and then carefully bending open the bezel above the
keyboard.

On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 05:12:33PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> Please fix the existing driver instead of adding a new one.
> A patch was submitted for this device some time ago but there was
> never any follow-up after the first round of review process:
> https://marc.info/?t=151707061600004&r=1&w=2

Actually that thread was the same OP. Right, Oleg?

> You could use that patch as a starting point. But please note that it's
> unclear whether some or all of these changes were copied from GPL code.
> It would be better to base such changes on the FreeBSD driver which
> seems to support this device as well.
>
> > Could you be so kind to answer:
> >
> > 1. How can I try my new Driver without Build Kernel each time.
>
> No. You have to rebuild the kernel each time.
>
> > 2. What kind of tools can I use for Debuging WiFi ... (just examples)
>
> Many. Start working on it and ask again when you run into specific problems.
>
> > 3. Any info about OpenBSD Drivers ? Developers Guides (Just for OpenBSD)
>
> See https://www.openbsd.org/papers/eurobsdcon2017-device-drivers.pdf
> and other presentations mentioned therein.

There is this article (also by Stefan) from 2014 as well:

http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20140721125235

Good luck. Please let me know if I can be of any help in testing.

Erling