This will be yet another non-answer to your question, I am fully aware,
but maybe it will be applicable to your situation.

I always found dual booting with OpenBSD a little bit cumbersome
compared to other OSes.
Whenever I want to "dual boot" my OpenBSD client computers I
install the second OS to its own usb drive with its own mbr, leaving
the internal drive untouched.
When I want to boot the secondary OS I just interrupt the normal
boot process with whatever F-key and choose to boot from the stick.
Has served me well for many years, and makes it very easy to try out
different secondary OSes, as long as I consider OpenBSD my main.

Regards,
Henrik