hi all,

what is the right way to do a migration of users from one system to another? I did the following but it seems to get some problems with permissions on the files and directories.

1. copy passwd, group, master.passwd to new machine

2. clean up files (some users doent exist anymore)

3. use pwd_mkdb to create a new db

this gave no errors but after migrating some files with rsync to the new machine it seems that some directories not read- /writeable (for example by openLDAP) even all the permissions are set correct.

So I wonder if it might has to do with the user accounts themself. Any advice would be helpful.

Regards

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107224    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you
print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT