Hi,

in ofw mode you can type printenv and under boot-command line it says on my box

"mac-boot".  mac-boot (which is a ofw program) allows you to boot into the mac from openfirmware.  This is overriden by a line called boot-device: where on my mac it says hd:,ofwboot

hd is a device alias that you can see with devalias command, for example:

ok> devalias

uata                /ht/pci@3/ata-6
cd                  /ht/pci@3/ata-6/disk@0
cd1                 /ht/pci@3/ata-6/disk@1
fw                  /ht/pci@3/firewire
enet                /ht/pci@4/ethernet
sata                /ht/pci@5/k2-sata-root
k2-sata             /ht/pci@5/k2-sata-root
hd                  /ht/pci@5/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@0/disk@0
ultra0              /ht/pci@5/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@0/disk@0
sd0                 /ht/pci@5/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@0/disk@0
ultra1              /ht/pci@5/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@1/disk@0
sd1                 /ht/pci@5/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@1/disk@0
k2-uata             /ht/pci@3/ata-6
k2-cd               /ht/pci@3/ata-6/disk@0
k2-fw               /ht/pci@3/firewire
k2-enet             /ht/pci@4/ethernet

So it lists the paths and for example for "hd" it lists pci sata controler at disk 0.  You see that ultra0 is the same alias as hd and sd0, and ultra1 is the same alias as sd1.  They are two different disks.

So if you wanted to boot OpenBSD, you could try boot hd:,ofwboot /bsd at ofw ok> prompt, or if you wanted the second disk try boot sd1:,ofwboot /bsd which is the same as boot ultra1:,ofwboot /bsd

If you think you're booting from a disk that you think isn't there you may have to enter the entire path?

boot /ht/pci@....0:,ofwboot /bsd

Better create an alias for it though make sure you don't clobber any existing ones and the commands for that is in first mail I sent to you (second hyperlink).  Google would also be helpful.

I hope this leads you in the right direction?

Regards,

-peter