Hi all,

I have a relayd running that inspects the Host header of incoming traffic and then makes a decision to which server it should relay the traffic. so far so good but a few things don't add up after a few changes.

for example I have a protocol definition like so:

http protocol "httpproxy" {
                            match request quick header "Host" value "*domain1.tld"
forward to <www01>
                            match request quick header "Host" value "*domain2.tld"
forward to <www02>
}

and a relays like:

relay "www01proxy" {
        listen on $gateway  port http
        protocol "httpproxy"

        forward to <www01> port http
        }

relay "www02proxy" {
               listen on $gateway  port http
               protocol "httpproxy"

               forward to <www02>  port http
              }

So this setup works but now it gets confusing if I add another protocol and
relay to the above

http protocol "differenthttpproxy" {
                            match request quick header "Host" value "*domain3.tld"
forward to <www03>
}

relay "www03proxy" {
         listen on $gateway  port http
         protocol "differenthttpproxy"

         forward to <www03>  port http
        }

now my relays 1 and 2 stop working, no traffic reaches the hosts, the order of
the relays is

www03
www01
www02
in the config but it shouldn't be problem because the protocols used are diffrent. So coming to strange part two. I disabled the new relay and well the sites for relay 1 and 2 started to be reachable again but also the match defined in the new defined protocol is still working. Thats something that shouldn't happen at all.

what I did between the changes was checking sysntax and a

rcctl reload relayd

I am relucdent to do a restart because it happens to crash the VM. The VM is
running 6.1 with all syspatches applied.

regards

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107224    mail: ros...@ghweb.de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you
print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT