I agree with you. I already have fixed this crazy partitioning scheme on
other machines. I would never use such configuration on production
machines, but these were merely tests with limited resources PCs (< 500 GB
HDs). So my idea in respect the boot loader is not to add checks since it
is a matter of configuration: changing the HEAP_SIZE worked, but again if
this is not the intended behavior is good to know. Surely the problem
arisen from the fact that memory resources became smaller introducing EFI
on amd64 and the partitioning scheme did the rest. Thanks for the answer!