On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 9:29 AM Luthing <luth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am partitioning my disk manually like :
> ~80% for /root partition
> ~20% for swap

Try installing again using the default disklabel slice layout.  If
that works that means your root file system is too big.  I rarely make
my root partition any larger than 512MB (128MB-256MB is typical for
me).  If the default slice sizes aren't large enough for you, adjust
them as needed.  If you need a file system with a ton of space in it,
use /home for that, or make an extra slice and mount it where it makes
sense (e.g. /var/mariadb if you need a big space for a database).  At
a minimum, you should have separate partitions for / (root), /usr,
/usr/local, /var and /home.

In rare circumstances I've made root file systems as large as 16GB.
But a 200GB+ root is really too much.

-ken