On Tue, December 4, 2018 6:50 am, Ahmad Bilal wrote:

> @Marc: Thanks for the information, but based on what you said, what would
> you consider as 'official' then? Just curious.

Let go of this concept.  These are your systems.  You're the only
official.  If you want to build an AMI for AWS, you have to understand how
that process works then looking at Antoine's scripts to see if that is
what they do is trivial.  If you want security, you have to know what that
means.  "Offical" or not is irrelivant.  You can't avoid your own due
diligence by passing that responsibility onto some imagined authority.

> And no, I'm not on OpenBSD at all 'yet'. I was basically on CentOS for a
> long time. Then recently shifted to FreeBSD, and I'm considering to use
> OpenBSD now (and for foreseeable future)

If you're new to OpenBSD, that's great.  But that means you shouldn't be
running anything mission critical on OpenBSD if you don't know much about
it yet.  In which case, experiment.  Run whatever looks reasonably like it
might be good and see what it does.  If it makes a mess, blow it away and
start over.  Read the man pages for the commands a script runs.  Ask
specific questions if it gets down in the weeds and you can't figure out
what something is doing.  There is absolutly no difference in what's
"official" or not.  Stuff works, and is good, or it isn't.  You have to
learn the difference.