On 20/12/2018 13:20, tors...@cnc-london.net wrote:
Try to add below to your pf.conf

table <bruteforce> persist

  pass in on $ext_if inet proto tcp from any to $ext_if port 1194 \
         (max-src-conn 10, max-src-conn-rate 30/5, \
          overload <bruteforce> flush global)

This is pretty much exactly what I have for ssh scanners (with different limits). Aha!

On 20/12/2018 13:20, pe...@bsdly.net wrote:
> The good thing about the pf.conf state tracking options is that they're
> service agnostic.

That's the bit I wasn't entirely sure about - thanks. Makes sense now - of course! It's nothing to do with service, just connections. D'oh!

I now have a cunning plan, a plan so cunning etc etc. Thanks to all who responded, on- and off-list.

Steve