Why not an AMD Opteron A1100 based board?

The OP started from Pi then moved gradually to nowhere!
I think it matters what you really want to do with the board. It's
fine to buy it even for fun or killing time, but say it so, please.

I'm thinking to do some multimedia computer hooked to some TV with
such a board, but very few information are available from people who
actually did this. Most of them are linux.

As an example, I am curious how an average player (mplayer, mpv, vlc?)
runs something in 1080p? Some people may want to check the VPN
performace for such a board.