On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 07:40:30AM +0000, Tom Smyth wrote:

> >From looking at your config it looks like when the wiregusrd interface
> comes up
> You want to allow forward traffic
> And you want masqurade traffic leaving on eth0
>
> 1)You dont really need to add and remove those rules as the wireguard
> tunnel comes up id suggest just adding firewall rules statically

I'm sort of clueless about the application, but I agree that it may not
be worth the bother to insert and remove rules dynamically in most cases.
If you really need to do that dance, ftp-proxy (shudder) is a prime example
of one that does.

> 5) to learn more about pf config check out Peter Hansteen's pf tutorial and
> his book of pf  and  man pf.conf for more details

Thanks for the recommendations :)

Direct links at the end

All the best,
Peter

PS: -

> > in the OpenBSD pf dialect?

I was going to ignore that but really: OpenBSD is the upstream for everyone
else for PF and lots of other stuff (see eg[1]), so if there are such things
as "dialect"s in play, they come from somewhere else.

[1] https://home.nuug.no/~peter/openbsd_and_you (My "OpenBSD and you"
    propaganda-ish presentation)

[2] https://home.nuug.no/~peter/pftutorial/ (The most recent version of the PF
    tutorial, slides refresh after each new session)

[3] https://nostarch.com/pf3 (The Book of PF, 3rd ed by yours truly)

[4] https://man.openbsd.org/pf.conf (The pf.conf(5) man page)

[5] https://man.openbsd.org/ftp-proxy (the ftp-proxy(8) man page, if you really
    need to)