Hello,

I want to select some hardware for OpenBSD. I lurked many sites with
hardware specifications and drivers, but I am not sure about some
support for hardware.

What Am I Trying to Achieve?
I want to buy some AMD APU hardware, that means CPU and GPU together.
There is a point in time where AMD changed the GPU architecture from
so called TeraScale/VILW to GCN.
In OpenBSD, TeraScale/VILW parts are supported by radeon driver, next
is supported but not so ready amdgpu one. I really need hardware
acceleration in X.org.

What I Did already?
I checked AMD APU parts for the integrated GPU, and found that some
parts have TeraScale/VILW GPU, some have GCN. The GPU is coded like
7xxxD, 8xxxD, ...
This xxxxD is not listed in radeon man page as supported. There is a
big mess up with chipset names taken from all kind of islands and
vulcans. There is no sense to use them, since it is not easy to track
them. Let's hope there will be no day when AMD will use human body
parts to identify graphic chipsets.

What To Do Next?
So, all this on the table, is it ok just to buy some APU with GPU in
TeraScale*/VILW* architecture?
As an example, there are parts like this (APU / GPU) supported?
A10-5700 / HD7750G
A10-6700 / HD8670D
A8-6500 / HD8670D

Thank you.