On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 04:22:05AM +0000, Paul Swanson wrote:
I have some general areas of interest, such as embedded
computing, but nothing is set in stone yet, so I thought it'd
be fun to hear from those in know about areas of priority need
within the OpenBSD community.

Are there particular problems that could benefit from new
ideas or solutions?

An area that I am personally interested in is running OpenBSD on fully open-source / binary-blob-free hardware: hardware where there is no proprietary firmware that could hide vendor backdoors, and ideally where even the design of the chip is available to the user for review.

The trouble is it's VERY hard to find "fully open" hardware, and the hardware which is known to exist (loongson, OpenPOWER, RISC V) is difficult to get, expensive or not very good, and (except for loongson) not supported by OpenBSD.