On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 02:42:42AM +0100, Moritz Lutz wrote:
> Hi there,
> i got an problem here. I got an old laptop 100mhz 10,4". So there is
> no internal network
> interface so i want to run an wireless lan card in it (cardbus). But
> i don't get it work. I was
> already reading the OpenBSD FAQ but no effect if i plugged in the
> card i got this error
>
> as output of dmesg :
>
> cic_chip_socket_enable: status cpcic_wait_ready: ready never
> happened, status = 0c
>
> maybe someone can help me with this or can give me a link with an
> detail installation.

Sounds like the laptop is too old to support 32 bit CardBus cards.

Provide a full dmesg in future, but what you want to look for
is the presence of cbb(4) in your dmesg.

You might have some luck aquiring an old prism card off ebay,
look for a card without the golden bar on the end, those
are 16bit PCMCIA cards which should work fine.