Roderick writes:
> On Sat, 9 Mar 2019, cho...@jtan.com wrote:
>
> > > Any hint?
> >
> > Yes: [...]
>
> Did you try it?

No but I think you missed the part where I said "and editing
/etc/X11/xenodm/Xservers" which is the where the server binary's options
(and server binary) are specified. For what it's worth I run a rather
unusual X configuration so I've had to dig into X' startup sequence
quite extensively.

I can't come up with any reason why the ability to listen on plain TCP
has been completely restricted, though if it has I can understand it
because having X listen on TCP is nuts[*], but if you want to customise
the X server which xenodm starts, eg. by allowing it to listen on
TCP, that will be the place to do it.

That said, I think the ssh -X solution is a lot more sensible.

Matthew

[*] This doesn't stop me but in my case the X server runs on linux so
not applicable to your case.