On 2019-03-11 09:58, Janne Johansson wrote:
> Den fre 8 mars 2019 kl 20:59 skrev Sean Kamath <kam...@moltingpenguin.com>:
>>> It's a shame good work like this is
>>> of no use anymore. According to my opinion, it's well written and easy to
>>> follow.
>>>
>> So, I’ll take issue with the “well written” part of that.  It doesn’t do
>> much in the way of explaining anything, just a lot of “put this here”, “put
>> that there”.
> The intro to The Book of PF has a REALLY good mantra here on the "This
> is not a HOWTO"
> https://home.nuug.no/~peter/pf/en/preface.html
>
> I feel it applies equally well to running your own mail server as
> building your own firewall.

Well, that was your 2cents to the discussion.
We all have a right to a opinion and we all are on different levels of
knowledge and might have different
milestones when learning. Some times I like to dig deeper, and some
times I just want something up'n
running as fast as possible in a somewhat safe and secure way. Then
taking care of the "why and what's."

I've been running both Sendmail and Postfix for years without any major
difficulties, but this is my first
try on OpenSMTP.

After a couple of days of googling, I found this article :
https://poolp.org/posts/2018-05-21/switching-to-opensmtpd-new-config/

and got very surprised that none of the "know better's" didn't know
about this, or didn't care to
enlighten me and pointing me in this direction. This was exactly what I
was looking for.

/Hasse