On 3/17/19 5:46 PM, Paul de Weerd wrote:
On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 12:37:04PM -0400, Z Ero wrote: | This should > be possible, correct? I understand that vmd does not | currently >
support VGA output inside the VM but but I should be able to | run a > headless Linux instance in a VM image hosted on OpenBSD vmm and | > then pipe the graphical output over the virtual network interface to > a | display on the OpenBSD host system. For example if I want to run > the | Linux version of Mathematica this way that should be possible, > | correct? Does anybody know of a configuration tutorial in this > area? > > After setting up the VM, you could ssh(1) in with the -X or -Y option > to enable X11 forwarding. See http://man.openbsd.org/ssh#X Then > running a program that speaks X will work. At least, it does for me > (but then I run only OpenBSD vm's under OpenBSD). > > Make sure to configure sshd in your VM to allow for forwarded X11. > See the section X11Forwarding in sshd_config(5) over at > http://man.openbsd.org/sshd_config#X11Forwarding Another option may be to run Xvnc inside the VM and then vnc from host to it. It's actually quite good if you require or like to have full desktop experience of the OS in VM. I'm usually running Xfce4 desktop inside VM and it's working very well.