On March 29, 2019 9:42:44 PM UTC, Normen Wohner <nor...@wohner.eu> wrote:
>I cannot use my SD Reader for keydisk purposes.
>It does show up in dmesg and should be there on boot.
>Since my SD reader is bundled with a
>Sony MemoryStick reader I see them both coming up
>when I plug in the SD Card.
>The MS umass shows first on sd0 even if empty so the
>SD gets pushed to sd1.
>Should I somehow MAKEDEV sd1?
>I presumed it to be there?
>Is this maybe a different issue all together?
>Thanks for all the help!

I'm not sure about the exact problem that you are trying to solve. Are you
trying to boot the SD card with FDE on it? Do you get to the first boot prompt?
Some output would be helpful to get a better understanding, ideally a dmesg. In
my eperience, the bootloader can communicate with sd1 and higher numbers, and
the install should come with device files for /dev/sd1 and a little higher.

If additional device entries are needed, just do:

# cd /dev && sh MAKEDEV <devicename>

... but I doubt that's your problem.