I just wanted to circle back to this, I have had some test machines running
for the past week, and they have kept their LDP neighbors up the entire
time.
The only ones still with issues are the un-patched 6.4 systems, which I
will upgrade once 6.5 is released.

Thanks Adrian and Thanks DLG!
I love this community!