Rachel Roch [rr...@tutanota.de] wrote:

> Would it be too much to ask to get this functionality implemented ?

No as long as you are asking yourself... Or perhaps, if you are willing to
pay someone else!

> I was dealing with a carrier the other day and we were dealing with bringing
> up two ports on their network.
>
> The question came from the remote end "have you shutdown the port as its
> still showing up on my side", and indeed on the OpenBSD side carrier state
> was still "active".

This is understandable.

I don't think it would be hard to control the phy to turn the link down. Some
drivers do it, some don't. The only thing that makes it hard is a lack of
documentation in some cases...

Chris