On 4/25/19 2:07 AM, Remco wrote:
On 25-04-19 01:02, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
I don't remember if I ever posted it, but I've been using an "upgrade"
script to download bsd.rd, verify it, move it to /bsd, and reboot.
With florian@'s additions in -current, I have now extended the
script to download the sets and kick off an unattended upgrade.

In the best case, you simply run
# ./upgrade
and the machine will upgrade itself without any further intervention.

#!/bin/sh -e

..
cp bsd.rd /bsd.upgrade
..

I don't think this matches your description.

Tested it on a system running

OpenBSD 6.4 (GENERIC.MP) #9: Tue Mar 26 19:21:43 CET 2019

s2# sh ./upgrade.sh
Trying 151.101.186.217...
Requesting https://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/amd64/SHA256.sig
100% |**************************************************| 2141       00:00
2141 bytes received in 0.01 seconds (199.89 KB/s)
Signature Verified
Trying 151.101.186.217...
Requesting https://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/amd64/INSTALL.amd64
100% |**************************************************| 43409       00:00
43409 bytes received in 0.08 seconds (533.49 KB/s)
Trying 151.101.186.217...

If I do a boot /bsd.upgrade, the upgrade process completes without any further user intervention. If I don't do anything, system boots back into 6.4 #9.

On a -current system running

kern.version=OpenBSD 6.5-current (GENERIC.MP) #16: Sun Apr 21 19:25:15 MDT 2019
dera...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP

the upgrade process continued without any user intervention for the initial part. Unfortunately, I have one 4TB drive (sd0, disabled in BIOS drive priorities) and four SSD drives on this system (sd1 to sd4) on this test system and -current was on /dev/sd2. Even though the BIOS was set to boot with sd2 first, /bsd.upgrade seems to boot /dev/sd1. Because I am using this test system to test AD functionality with the new Samba, I had to muck around with the different drives. So this failure was probably due to some stupid thing I was doing with bios settings.

I will work further and report back to the list and naddy@

Thanks again for the script,

Vijay

--