On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 12:17:21PM +0700, Igor Podlesny wrote:
> Previously users could have different behaviour of malloc simultaneously: one
> in
> global FS, others in chroots. Say, in global it could be more relaxed
> with lesser
> performance impact and in some chroots more drastic, at contrary. With
> 6.5 it's not
> possible anymore, is it really so? This change has own pluses as well
> indeed: one
> knob to rule them all but then what if you need something special in
> just one place,
> something that shouldn't be following global sysctl parameters -- how
> do you get it(?)

malloc(3) man page mentions several ways to set malloc options:

- globally with vm.malloc_conf sysctl(2)
- externally per apps with environment variable MALLOC_OPTIONS
- internally per apps with global variable malloc_options in the program

So I suppose you want to look at exported MALLOC_OPTIONS environment
variable.

Thanks.
--
Sebastien Marie