On Sun, May 05, 2019 at 10:51:02PM +0200, Jan Stary wrote:
> This is 6.5-current on an old ALIX 2D3 (full dmesg below) using
> athn0 at pci0 dev 12 function 0 "Atheros AR9280" rev 0x01: irq 9
> athn0: AR9280 rev 2 (2T2R), ROM rev 22, address 04:f0:21:01:d6:86
>
> It is my home router. I am seeing a lot of Ifails on the athn0.

I see a lot of them too but they don't seem to hurt.

Perhaps digging into particular failure cases could teach us
something new and lead to driver improvements.
Feel welcome to investigate and let us know what you find.

> How can I debug this?

'netstat -W athn0' shows several counters related to input failures
and should tell you where these input failures are coming from.
>From one of my athn APs (also running on an alix board):
        1915 input packets with mismatched ssid
        24807 input packet duplicates discarded

The first looks like confused client devices. The second
looks like some ACKs we sent got lost for some reason.

Neither is a fatal problem.
Not every wireless frame dies happily.