On 5/7/19 9:16 PM, Omar Polo wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 02:04:03AM +0100, shadrock uhuru wrote:

>>> Just follow the guide[1]: during the upgrade process the installer will
>>> ask you what disk contains the installation.  Be sure to point it to
>>> the right disk.  The disk will (of course!) still be encrypted after
>>> the upgrade, and you won't need to do anything else.
>>>
>>> [1]: https://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade65.html
>> many thanks Omar
> I've forgot one thing (hope it's not too late.)  Point the installer
> to the right *virtual* disk.  For example, in my case I have a disk
> (attached as sd0) with FDE.  When decrypted, a virtual disk sd1 is
> attached, so when I upgrade I point the installer to sd1.  In any case,
> the installer will try to mount the partitions, so you should see an
> error if you point it to the wrong disk.
>
> Also, sorry if I wrote directly to you instead of replying to the ml.
> As always, I foget to CC :)
either way works for me.
Hi Omar and all who helped
i got it upgraded, it was way easier than i expected,
i've got a couple of follow up queries concerning post upgrade things todo.

--- -dbus-1.12.10p0v0 -------------------
Remember to update /etc/machine-id
how do i update machine_id, i didn't find any man pages to explain ?

--- -libxml-2.9.8p0 -------------------
Remember to update /var/db/xmlcatalog
how do i update /var/db/xmlcatalog, found man xmlcatalog but mentions
nothing about updating ?

--- -node-8.12.0 -------------------
Error deleting directory /usr/local/lib/kde4/plugins: Directory not empty
/usr/local/lib/kde4/plugins contains:

ls /usr/local/lib/kde4/plugins

accessible            imageformats          phonon_s_backend
accessiblebridge      kauth                 script
designer              kscreen               styles
grantlee              marble
gui_platform          phonon_platform

should i go ahead and delete everything in the directory manually ?

shadrock