Hi,

I want to reinstall safely boot blocks as the installer does, how can I do it? best from the CD-ROM

let me summarize the situation:
- I had 6.4 not booting correctly (partition boot size issue)
- I upgraded 6.5, and all works, boots fine
- actually it did not work, certain things make the kernel crash (but can't report properly, I can't produce a dmesg, etc...... wifi makes a kernel panic) - after two or three panics the machine does not boot anymore, I did run fsck

It looks early crashing, like reverting to the previous situation. I wonder if the filesystem may corrupt that way?

First thing I'd try is to reinstall just the boot loader and stuff, but the standard way doesn't work from installer, but I bet a command does it!

As soon as I get the box booting again, I try to report the bad wireless kernel crashes.

Thanks,

Riccardo