Den lör 29 juni 2019 kl 22:42 skrev ropers <rop...@gmail.com>:

> Anyway, in an ideal world, typing man <command> would always show the man
> page
> actually relevant to what the box would do if the user typed <command> at
> the
> prompt. I don't know how this could be solved though;

and how would
$ unset PATH ; man cc
behave? By showing nothing now that you can no longer find a c compiler?
or
$ PATH=$HOME/bin  man cc
should not show manpage for system compiler but dig out that local cc you
built in your home dir long time ago?
There is a rabbit hole to fall into if you want docs to change depending on
your definition of "relevant" in the sentence above.