Philip Guenther <guent...@gmail.com> writes:

> There are four options here:
> 1) change the software to not use the name 'bcrypt' for a non-static
> function.  OpenBSD has only been using it for 15 years...

Agree, but for now I'm trying to keep changes to a minimum as I work out
larger issues. This is in an erlang wrapper for bcrypt. It includes its
own copy of bcrypt.c

The change that diverges from the OpenBSD version is in this commit, in
case anyone is interested.

https://github.com/smarkets/erlang-bcrypt/commit/1277ee41bba86d47e039e3f24a47a491efe48d78

> 3) *IF* the software was written to only rely on the interfaces of some
> version of the POSIX standard, then follow the compilation rules
> described in that standard.  You mention POSIX 2008, so perhaps this
> software would build when following those rules, passing the compiler
> -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200809L to only declare the symbols from that
> standard

This seems to work, at least I don't get any compile errors. Thank you.

Allan