On 2019-09-10, Michael Hekeler <mich...@hekeler.com> wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I am running 6.5 STABLE.
> This release was with PHP 7.1.28. So my webserver runs PHP 7.1.28.
>
> Today I wanted to install an additional PHP driver for postgresql and I
> realized that there are only plugins for PHP versions 7.1.31 and 7.1.32
> (and 7.2.x + 7.3.x) available with pkg_add.
>
> So my question is if the new announced binary updates for packages means
> that the released versions are gone?
> Do I have to edit /etc/installurl to follow -stable without the updates
> for packages?
> Have I misunderstood the mail on the list about the binary  updates...

You have two options:

1. (recommended) - update your packages (pkg_add -u) to get updates for
the security releases of PHP to 7.1.32 / etc.

2. (not recommended) - if you want to ignore the security fixes for
packages and just use the ones present at release, you can set PKG_PATH
in the environment to just include the release directory,

PKG_PATH=(mirror)/pub/OpenBSD/6.5/packages/(arch)/

(obviously, filling in (mirror) and (arch) with the relevant mirror
address and cpue architecture e.g. aarch64, amd64, ..).