On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 01:08:45PM +0200, Florian Obser wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 09:43:20AM +0200, Marc Espie wrote:
> > I'm a bit surprised nobody looked at instrumenting what sets are actually
> > installed on a machine during install/manual upgrade and cloning that
> > into sysupgrade to avoid this kind of surprise...
> >

> Yeah, I think sysupgrade was a mistake. Too many people want different
> things from it while at the same time the upgrade mechanism in bsd.rd
> is perfectly stream lined and has all the options people need.

I disagree.

I update my systems way more frequently now that I have sysupgrade.

It went from "almost" automated to fully automated, and that  takes
a load off the brain.

However, there's about zero reason not to somehow use the sets installed
information to have sysupgrade "just upgrade the installed sets" by
default.