On 10/10/19 4:25 PM, Russell Sutherland wrote:
> I've set up a L2overL3 tunnel using the template as found in "man etherip". I
> am running OpenBSD 5.9, which I believe is the first version to support the
> etherip interface.
>
> I find the bridge/tunnel does not pass a small range of specific sized
> packets.
>
> E.g. if 1.2.3.4 is at the far end of the tunnel and I am pinging from the
> local end:
>
> ping -s 1388 1.2.3.4 works
> ping -s 1396 1.2.3.4 works
>
> All other sizes, 1389 to 1395 inclusive fail.
>
> Is there some way to remedy this?

Just a friendly advice here. I am almost sure you will not get an answer
on this as 5.9 is pretty old and not supported anymore for a few years now.

We are at 6.5 and may be one week or two max to the release at 6.6

I would try 6.6 first and see how it works for you.

There have been a truck load of changes from the 5.9

Hope this help you some even if that doesn't answer your question.

However the suggestion is very valid.

Daniel