On 16/02/2006, at 2:25 PM, Nick Guenther wrote:
hi fellows,

having issues to get the cardbus working.

Hardware: Asus Pundit AB-P2600
Cardbus Chipset: ENE CB-710Q Chip

vendor "ENE", unknown product 0x0510 (class memory subclass flash, rev
0x00) at pci2 dev 12 funct

'unknown product' means there's no drivers for it.

no, it just means we dont have an entry for it in our pci device list inside the kernel. not all drivers need pci dev entries for matching on a device. for example all the usb host controller drivers attach on the devices class, not its vendor and product ids. in this situation you can have a driver happily attach to a device while printing out "unknown product".

dlg