Thanks Alessandro and Dumitru for your replies.

I am not using Firefox. Just Chrome with the unveil setting. I thought
at first it was linked to the browser but the fan will keep spinning
even if I do not use any browsers.
For instance, using Zim, homebank, terminal with vim editing or mutt,
it will just spin at 4000+rpm even if the CPU shows a 50-52 degC. Fan
will only stop when <= 50 degC, when laptop is idling.

However, I have the same observation as Alessandro, putting the
computer to zzz and waking it up will stop the fan even if the cpu is
in the 50-60 degC range.