> Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2019 at 7:51 AM
> From: "Stuart Longland" <stua...@longlandclan.id.au>
> To: misc@openbsd.org
> Subject: Re: Skype alternatives for OpenBSD
>
> On 3/11/19 7:35 am, Jonathan Drews wrote:
> > Is there an alternative to Skype that runs on OpenBSD? I looked in
> > http://openports.se/
> > and didn't see anything. I want to take online classes nad need a video
> > conferencingsoftware
>
> Do you need any video conferencing software (i.e. the group running the
> online class is willing to switch to whatever you can get working?), or
> do you specifically need Skype?

The woman offering the class uses Skype so I am probably going to have to use
Windows. I have a laptop with Windows 10 but I hardly ever use it. Windows is a
big step down in performance when compared to OpenBSD.
 I thought Skype used a protocol that allowed other clients to connect to it
then I read the Wikipedia page on Skype. The technology is owned by Microsoft.