Hi

I started working for a company that its production site is running 2 PIX firewalls with no VRRP (to save cost on licensing, duh). I offered and they approved to replace them with 2 OpenBSD and CARP. In front of the FW there is a Cisco 7200 router doing BGP. I offered to remove the router and use OpenBGP on the OpenBSD firewalls instead, thus achieving failover on BGP too. But I don't know whether this is a good idea or should I add 2 more OpenBSD systems specifically for BPG?

TIA
Paolo

PS - The FWs will be single CPU Dell PowerEdge 1850 systems with (probably) 1GB RAM.