On 2019-11-16, mabi <m...@protonmail.ch> wrote:
> [...]

For the actual problem: I suspect you may have done an install at some
point without the comp*.tgz set and so didn't get the machine -> amd64
symlink correctly installed in /usr/include. Fix for this would be to
rm -r /usr/include/* then boot the "bsd.rd" install kernel and tell it
to do an upgrade to the version you're currently using, and install
all sets, then re-run syspatch when you've rebooted.

But using packages means that you'll automatically get updates from
pkg_add -u when you update the OS, as these may be needed to cope with
updates to Ruby/libc/kernel versions. So that's why I'd suggest them.