Hi,

A message form assessors and further tests below.

[image: image.png]

I have configured relayd to serve a single url that accepts no parameters.
This url is blocked by relayd with error 403 Forbidden if anything is
appended to its end.

I would expect WAF detection in such a test case but this has not happened.

what other means are malicious payloads being delivered in this case?

Thanks and regards,

Kihaguru

        # $OpenBSD: relayd.conf,v 1.5 2018/05/06 20:56:55 benno Exp $
        #
        # Relay and protocol
        #
        http protocol httpp {
                return error
                match response header remove "Server"

                pass
                block quick path "/cgi-bin/index.cgi" value "*command=*"
                pass quick path "/net/index.html" value ""
                block
        }

        relay httpr {
                # Listen on localhost, accept diverted connections from
pf(4)
                listen on 127.0.0.1 port 8080
                protocol httpp

                # Forward to the original target host
                forward to destination
        }

        http protocol httpsp {
                return error
                match response header remove "Server"

                pass
                block quick path "/cgi-bin/index.cgi" value "*command=*"
                pass quick path "/net/index.html" value ""
                block

                tls keypair example.net
         }

        relay httpsr {
                # Listen on localhost, accept diverted connections from
pf(4)
                listen on 127.0.0.1 port 8443 tls
                protocol httpsp

                # Forward to the original target host