On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 8:42 AM <putridsou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After boot, the following error message floods the virtual console on
> ttyC0 repeatedly, rest of virtuals console stay clear somehow. Is there a
> way to
> treat this permanently, other than Ctrl-l everytime, or disconnecting the
> mouse.
> There must be some config to disable this direct dumping of errors onto
> console.
>
> wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
> wsmouse0 detached
> ums0 detached
> uhidev2 detached
> uhidev2 at uhub5 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB Optical
> Mouse" rev 2.00/72.00 addr 3
> uhidev2: iclass 3/1
> ums0 at uhidev2: 3 buttons, Z dir

In my experience when the console is spammed by mouse detach and attach
events, it's because the mouse is defective, usually because the cable is
wearing out and developing an intermittent fault.  Switch to a different
mouse,
even if the mouse appears to work ok, because it will probably get worse.

Another reason for these messages is because you're using a KVM switch that
performs the switch operation by disconnecting/reconnecting your USB
devices,
but I assume that isn't the cause here.

Suppressing the errors is probably a bad idea, in that case how would you
know
your mouse is developing a fault until more serious problems arise?  Better
be notified early so you have time to deal with it.

-ken