Am 13.12.19 um 22:52 schrieb Alexander Pluhar:
>> Just upgraded my APU2 to the latest -current and it seems to hang on the
>> disk.
>> It was fine running on -current #512.
> I encountered this problem on 6.6 stable with the latest syspatches installed
> after
> updating the APU firmware[1] to 4.11.0.1.
>
> It worked again after downgrading to 4.10.0.3.
>
> [1] https://pcengines.github.io

Same behavior here trying to install 6.6 stable on a fresh apu4d4 unit.

The device was delivered with a rather old ("legacy") "coreboot build
20190402 / BIOS version v4.0.24". The console didn't work correctly,
different USB sticks were not read reliably, the installer
(install66.fs) kept crashing after boot, if the boot was reached at all.
Got it to work starting the apu2-tinycore6.4.img from SD-Card and
reflashing a recent firmware version.

Tried the most recent 4.11.0.1 first, unfortunately: with firmware
4.11.0.1 again all kinds of not correctly reading USB 3.0 devices or
detecting an internal mSATA, again not even the console was reliable.
Had to boot the apu2-tinycore6.4.img from SD-Card again to get to a
reliable root prompt and reflash the downgrade to firmware version 4.10.0.3.

After downgrading to 4.10.0.3 everything is normal. Installing on the
mSATA was easy as it should be, and now I'm happily running 6.6 on it.

Here
https://github.com/drduh/PC-Engines-APU-Router-Guide/blob/master/README.md
is a good howto for all this.