On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 5:04 AM Raymond, David <david.raym...@nmt.edu>
wrote:

> The "timeout" error was numerically 60.  Curiously, boards with RTL
> 8111GR chips did not produce these errors, but those with RTL 8111H
> chips did.  Unfortunately, this chipset seems to be in a lot of newer
> motherboards.
>
> I didn't use ktrace/kdump.  The openmpi software returned the error
> presented by readv/writev.
>
> It sounds like the simplest solution at this point is to try
> non-Realtek pcie network cards.  Any suggestions?  How are Intel or
> Broadcom cards?

At this point I think you're clearly in the "device driver is buggy"
situation.  If this device has an in-tree driver (and not something you're
compiling locally into your kernel) then you should start a new thread
starting with a dmesg and a clear description of the involved hardware.

Philip Guenther