On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 5:10 AM Radek <r...@int.pl> wrote:

> I'm trying to permanently disable acpi doing the following steps[1].
> After the first reboot OS boots fine.
> After the second reboot acpi seems to be re-enabled at boot - I get [2].
> What Am I doing wrong?

First, you should also check whether there's a newer BIOS firmware for this
box, as there's a good chance Intel has fixed issues and issued a new one.
If so, installing that may totally resolve the issue.

If not, or if upgrading the firmware doesn't resolve this, then you should
next send a bug report to b...@openbsd.org using sendbug.  To get the most
data when you do so, disable _just_ the acpipci device (using boot -c)
instead of all of acpi and then run sendbug as root on that system.  The
bug report will then include the data from the ACPI tables, so that the
driver can be fixed to deal with this.

> acpipci0 at acpi0 PCI0panic: malloc: allocation too large, type = 33, size
> = 292057776136

Philip Guenther