I find the question strange. The program depends on the laws of
the country and personal taste. Nothing to do with OpenBSD.

I would write a script with tcl (and eventually tk) that access a
db (sqlite prefered if there is no big amount data) and generate tex
code. Is that really difficult?! It is like a dynamic web page.

I wrote my own double-entry accounting program with tcl, tk and sqlite.
A delight using it compared with gnucrash.

Rod.