On 2/1/20 8:48 pm, Marc Espie wrote:
>> I've seen some pretty ugly Python code too.
> Not to beat a dead horse, but most of the python configury stuff,
> including scons, is pretty shitty.   Lots of really bad pseudo-OO stuf
> (hey let's use that cool feature just because we can)

Yeah, you won't get any disagreement from me on that front.

I prefer make (usually I use the GNU dialect, but that's just borne out
of what I normally have to support), and maybe CMake for more complex stuff.

scons, waf, and others… seem to cause more problems than they solve.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.