On 20/02/06, Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2006/02/20 13:17, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
> > And 512MB, I must add, is the de facto minimum today for any machine,
>
> For Windows PCs, maybe... Of the machines I have running OpenBSD, 64MB
> is the most common RAM size, and those boxes are doing useful work.

To avoid any further confusion: by saying "512 de facto" I was
referring to the newly produced  machines, be that any factory or home
assembled PCs or Macs. Clearly, one would not upgrade an old firewall
to have out of a sudden 512MB of RAM. But if you are building a new
one, I doubt that you'll find it economically feasible to buy a DDR
module <=256MB.

> > making this even lack of tune-up even more unacceptable.
>
> Well, if you think you can do better than the default, you can look
> at machdep.c and work out how to adjust it.

Yes, now that Hannah showed me the option, I'll do just that. :-)

Cheers,
Constantine.