I have read many stories about small business owners waking up one day and
their bank accounts are empty, due to banking malware like Zeus, others are
victimized by ransomware and have to pay a fee to get their files back.

It seems like most of the victims were using windows computers when these
attacks happened, as far as I know Zeus only works on Microsoft Windows,
not Unix or Linux.

I was thinking of offering some refurbished older Dell Laptops for sale
with OpenBSD installed, to use specifically with online banking, $149 for
Dell Vostro 1500 with 120 GB SSD and 2 GB RAM, and $249 for Dell Latitude
e6400 with 240 GB SSD, and 8 GB of RAM, and for a an extra fee, make 240 GB
and 480 GB or 1 TB or 2 TB SSD an upgrade option for them. Since they are
laptops, they can easily be moved around and are portable and people can
even travel with them and use them while traveling for their banking
transactions.

I was not able to get wifi to work on the Dell Vostro, but that is ok,
since wifi can be an attack vector, I think they will be more secure with
only a hardwire Lan connection.

While it is true that some small business owners have some good IT skills
and could install OpenBSD themselves, I am thinking of it as a product for
the small business owner who has minimal IT skills.

Someone, most likely an open source puirist, criticized this idea on IRC
but I think it is actually a really good idea for the small business owner
with minimal IT skills.

I just wanted to know everyone's opinion of this idea? and also would I be
able to advertise my contact information on the commercial section of
OpenBSD.org for these specialty laptops?

Thanks.

*Michael G. Workman*
(321) 432-9295
michael.g.work...@gmail.com