Hello,

I am curious if there is any info on support for the wireless chipset Qualcomm
Atheros QCA988x in the ath10k drivers. These devices are sold by PCEngines.
Prior discussions I found on this list:

On 2014-04-17 Thom Lauret wrote

On 2015-09-23 Stuart Henderson wrote

On 2017-04-12 Stefan Sperling wrote
> ath10k devices are not supported. They need a new driver because Atheros
> has changed the driver<->hardware interface with this generation of devices.

Is there any update? A brief look in the source code and manual did not show
anything.

What effort is required to implement a new driver, as Stefan mentions? Port
something from another BSD? From Linux? Start from scratch?

My motivation is to build a wireless router supporting 802.11ac (with OpenBSD
if possible). Compex WLE600VX and WLE900VX support 867Mbps and 1300Mbps,
respectively, according to their data sheets.

I am not bound to this chipset, if there are alternatives which do work.

-Alex