Thank you @Noth.

You are right. The OpenBSD PF FAQ also says:
> PF will only use one processor, so multiple processors (or multiple cores)
WILL NOT improve PF performance.

For PC Engines APU users, I can highly recommend to update the BIOS. It improved
my networking performance quite a bit:
https://pcengines.github.io/

When testing with iperf3 I now get 450Mbit/s instead of 200Mbit/s (with pf
enabled). With pf disabled, I get ~750Mbit/s. Copying files from one to another
machine (same physical NIC on APU, with VLANs and PF enabled) gave me around
930Mbit/s.

Again, many thanks for all your help and inputs!